'You are not your mind.' Eckhart Tolle
Self-actualised leaders positively shape the world. They cultivate workplaces characterised by stellar performance, and at the same time compassion, kindness and wellbeing.
These great leaders of the world are self-actualised. They have mastered their mind. Our unique approach enables this mind mastery. While other programmes give you tools to manage the mind, we go beyond it. And science tells us that happiness lies beyond the mind.
Before we give you the proof that this approach works, let's first define what we mean by 'happiness'. It is not the fleeting joy you may feel after one single achievement. We are talking about the inner calm you feel when on your boat or the yoga mat. That level of peace and bliss and ease is the place you can lead from, and live life. Leadology will show you how.
- Increase productivity: Learn techniques that have been scientifically proven to increase the ability to stay focussed.
- Gain mental clarity: Our training will bring you back to a clear and positive state of mind, allowing you to make wiser and considered decisions.
- Increase resilience: You will not get bothered by things that used to create frustration, impatience and worry.
- Find more time: Our mind-mastery approach can remedy the feeling of being time-starved.
- Reduce mind-wandering: Resulting in greater productivity and heightened creativity.
- Increase agility: With a clear mind, you’ll be able to adapt and innovate, and work quickly, seamlessly and cohesively.
- Cultivate enhanced collective performance: We show you how to foster trust and connectedness within your team to enhance performance and communication.
The cost of stress is genuinely alarming. The Government Inquiry into Mental Health and Addiction revealed that 50 – 80% of New Zealanders would experience mental distress and/or addiction, costing the country an estimated $12billion annually.
Mental health conditions are one of the leading causes of sickness absence in the workplace.
We’ll teach you:
- Emotional resilience: The Leadology approach, which is rooted in yogic breathing and mind mastery, enhances our emotional resilience and increases our emotional wellbeing.
- Self-mastery: We'll show you how to detach from the mind – giving greater self-awareness and improved emotional regulation.
- Anxiety relief: We provide expert training in a series of breathing techniques which can reduce stress, and relieve anxiety & depression.
We will show you how to:
- Shape culture: Your inner transformation as a leader will quickly ripple out into the workplace, allowing you to foster a culture and mindset that enables each employee to feel safe, happy and valued.
- Become an inclusive leader: Inclusion is a competitive advantage and a moral obligation. To become a truly inclusive leader, you need self-awareness. At Leadology, cultivating self-awareness is the cornerstone of our work.
- Unify your team: Your team will feel enhanced social connectedness and have increased empathy and greater ability to listen to each other.
- Help employees realise their potential: Create an environment conducive to growth and innovation.
- Smile more: Mindful managers make happier and more satisfied employees. Leaders who smile put people at ease and create an environment in which people can do their best work.
We have compiled a list of scientific research proving the effectiveness of the Leadology approach: we teach mindfulness to boost performance, reduce stress and work happier.
- Happy workers are 12% more productive, according to a University of Warwick study.
- This research found that one of the most powerful predictors of happiness is something we often do without even realising it: mind-wandering. It found we are happiest when we stay in the moment.
- One study found evidence that yoga breathing exercises can lead to improvements in emotional regulation. Participants showed decreased anxiety and negative affect, and changes in areas of the brain related to emotional processing.
- Breathing-based meditation was found to decrease posttraumatic stress disorder symptoms in US military veterans. More here.
- TLEX® research shows that 83% of participants had increased ability to stay focused on the job at hand.
- This research shows that mindful leaders have more engaged employees with higher performance and wellbeing, and who are less likely to quit.
- The hippocampus is the part of the brain associated with self-awareness, compassion, and introspection. According to this study, this region of the brain showed "significant increases” in grey matter density among people who participated in an 8-week mindfulness program.
- A ground-breaking 2005 study from Dr Sara W. Lazar, et al., showed that meditation increases brain density in the prefrontal cortex.